Full Time Department of Public Works Supervisor
Holland Township is looking for an outstanding leader and manager to oversee its Department of Public Works. Holland is a community of approximately 22 square miles, with 54 miles of roads and 6,000 residents.
• Hands-on position in various parts of the operation.
• Responsible for planning, coordinating and overall administration of roads, buildings and grounds, fleet maintenance, sewer collection system and the Township Recycling Center
• At least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory and administrative leadership capacity in a public works operation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Must adapt to new programs and technologies as they emerge.
• Proficiency in Micro Soft Word is required
• A Certified Public Works Manager (CPWM) certification is suggested but is not a requirement, however; the applicant shall begin the certification classes within 6 months of hire.
The Township will consider application packets as they come in. Priority will be given to those who apply by June 3, 2019
With regard to this advertisement and filling of the subject position, the Township shall comply with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action rules and regulations, specifically, N.J.S.A. 10:5-31, et seq. (P.L. 1975, C. 127) and N.J.A.C. 17:27 et seq.
Part - Time Member Service Representative ($10-$12/hr. based on experience)
Responsibilities for this position include: welcoming visitors and members, answering and/or referring inquiries, developing promotional flyers, excel spreadsheets, providing support to Director and Summer Camp Supervisor, assisting in internal and external communication, website maintenance and quarterly newsletter design/development. Work hours are 9am-1pm M-F. Additional nights and weekends as needed.
Requirements: High School Diploma, 2 to 5 years prior work experience in an office environment, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Photoshop, professional attitude, solid verbal & written communication skills, excellent organizational skills. Self-starter and ability to work independently are a must.