Historic Preservation Commission
The Holland Township Historic Preservation Commission was established in 1989, to promote the preservation of the local history in the Township. The Commission's specific responsibilities include:
- The preparation of a survey of historic sites in the Township.
- Making recommendations to the Planning Board on the historic preservation plan element of the Master Plan and on the implications for preservation of historic sites of any other Master Plan elements.
- Advising the Planning Board on the inclusion of historic sites in the recommended capital improvement program.
- Carrying out such other advisory, educational and informational functions as will promote historic preservation in the Township.
Historic Preservation Commission Members
Larry LaFevre, - Class B - Chair
Carl Molter - Class A
Beverly Kirby - McDonough - Class B - Secretary
Joseph Becker - Class B Vice Chair
Kathy Sciarello - Class B
JoAnn Bonham Schaible - Alternate #1 - Class B
Secretary: Beverly Kirby- McDonough
Professional Historic Planner: Dennis Bertland
PO Box 315
Stockton, NJ 08559
Preservation Consultant: Carla Cielo
548 County Route 579
Ringoes, NJ 08851
Township Committee Liaison: Dan Bush
TOWNSHIP OF HOLLAND
2023 HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION MEMBERS
NAME CLASS ADDRESS PHONE CELL TERM EXPIRES
Joseph Becker B 4 yrs 2107 Milford-Warren Glen Rd 995-7896 908-319-4026 12/31/2023
Larry LaFevre B 4 yrs 21 Amsterdam Road 995-2180 908-399-0798 12/31/2023
Carl Molter A 4 yrs 532 Ellis Road 995-2341 908-752-2466 12/31/2024
Beverly Kirby-McDonough B 4 yrs 8 Rummel Road 996-3991 908-328-3843 12/31/2025
Kathy Sciarello B 4 yrs 97 Crab Apple Hill Rd 995-9239 908-256-6463 12/31/2026
JoAnn Bonham Schaible B 2 yrs 171 Stamets Rd 995-4224 908-894-4657 12/31/2023
COMMISSION MEETS FIRST MONDAY OF EACH MONTH 7:00 PM
AT THE HOLLAND TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL BUILDING
CHAIRPERSON: Lawrence LaFevre 995-2180
VICE CHAIRPERSON: Joseph Becker 995-7896
SECRETARY: Beverly Kirby-McDonough 996-3991
HISTORIC PLANNER: Dennis Bertland, Prof. PO Box 315 Stockton 08559 (609) 397-3380
HIST. PRESERVATION CONSULTANT: Carla Cielo 548 County Rte. 579 Ringoes 08551 (908) 310-2505
TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE LIAISON: Dan Bush 399-4213
§ 100-156.1. Historic Preservation Commission. [Added 11-8-1989 by Ord. No. 1989-11]
A. The Historic Preservation Commission shall consist of five regular and two alternate members.
(1) Each member of the Historic Preservation Commission shall qualify as a Class A, Class B or Class C member as set forth below, and the Historic Preservation Commission shall include at least one regular member in each of the following classes:
(a) Class A: persons who are knowledgeable in building design and construction or architectural history and who may reside either within or outside the Township. (four year term)
(b) Class B: persons who are knowledgeable of, or with a demonstrated interest in, local history and who may reside inside or outside the Township. (four year term)
(c) Class C: persons who are citizens of the Township and who are not designated as Class A or B and who hold no other municipal office, position or employment except for membership on the Planning Board or Board of Adjustment. (four year term)
(d) Alternate members shall meet the qualifications of Class C members. (two year term)
B. The Historic Preservation Commission shall have the responsibility to:
(1) Prepare a survey of historic sites of the Township pursuant to criteria identified in the survey report.
(2) Make recommendations to the Planning Board on the historic preservation plan element of the Master Plan and on the implications for preservation of historic sites of any other Master Plan elements.
(3) Advise the Planning Board on the inclusion of historic sites in the recommended capital improvement program.
(4) In the event that a historic zoning district or districts, or historic site or sites, is designated on the Zoning or Official Map of the Township or in any component element of the Township's Master Plan.
(a) Advise the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment on applications for development pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-110; and
(b) Provide written reports pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-111 on the application of the Zoning Ordinance provisions concerning historic preservation.